Thai Green Curry Pates Recipe – Gluten and Dairy free and tastes better than anything you can buy in a jar!
Feeling chilly, feeling a little down in the dumps? This fabulous Thai Green Curry Recipe recipe is fresh, nicely hot and warms your very soul. Perfect for whipping up for an evening with friends or simply for a quick lunch. The paste freezes well (although does lose its vibrant colour a little in the freezing process).
You will need
- A pestle and mortar (and strong arms and a will of steel) or, preferably a processor or blender. I use my Nutri Ninja (originally bought for smoothies but now used multiple times per day for most culinary tasks!)
Ingredients – Paste
- 3 lemongrass stalks
- 3 hot green chillies
- half a dozen shredded kaffir lime leaves
- 6-8 garlic cloves
- 2 shallots
- 10 black peppercorns
- 2 tsp shrimp paste
- ‘Thumb’ sized chunk of fresh ginger
- ½tsp ground turmeric
- 1 large handful fresh coriander leaves
- ½tsp salt
- 30ml water
To make the paste
It really couldn’t be more simple. Simply pop all the ingredients into your blender and pulse then blend until completely smooth. That’s it!
- 3-4 chicken breasts (also amazing with beef, pork or prawns or go all out with the vegetables!)
- 2 tins coconut milk
- 1.5 tbsp fish sauce (if you don’t have this to hand then it tastes incredible without it!)
- 1tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground coriander
To make the curry
- Heat a tablespoon of oil gently in a pan and add the paste. Fry gently for a few minutes to start to release the flavour and aroma of the spices.
- Slowly add the coconut milk and simmer gently.
- Add the chicken pieces and simmer gently until cooked through. Add the vegetables for a final few minutes so that they retain their bite.
- Garnish with coriander and, if you like your curry seriously hot, some dried chilli flakes!