BBQ Feta and Herb Stuffed Wraps – a super simple, healthy crowd pleaser
This super fast, super simple, fabulously healthy BBQ Feta and Herb stuffed wraps recipe is perfect for feeding a crowd, filling up small people and works a dream when out camping too!
All you need is a packet of wraps (or make them yourself) and a bunch of healthy fillings.
We make ours on a BBQ using a fabulous cast iron griddle. But if you don’t have a griddle/skillet then just whack them straight on the BBQ grill or campfire and you’re away!
An almost instant crowd pleaser with the added bonus of a smokey BBQ'y flavour!
- 1 packet tortilla wraps These work brilliantly with both standard tortilla wraps and gluten free wraps too!
- 1 packet feta cheese or greek 'salad cheese' for a less powerful flavour
- 1 packet mozarella cheese
- fresh herbs to taste/salt and pepper to taste
These are so, so easy to make and kids love the experience of stuffing them full of their chosen filling. To make the feta and mozarella herb stuffed wraps, simply crumble the cheeses into a bowl, add finely chopped herbs (we love thyme and oregano), a dash of salt and pepper if it takes your fancy and a sprinkle of chilli flakes if you like yours hot!
Lay out a generous amount of filling on one half of the tortilla
Fold the tortilla in half so that you have a semi-circular filled wrap.
Using a pastry brush coat each side of the outside of the folded wrap with olive oil. If you are camping then a spray oil like 'frylight' is brilliant and keeps the calories down too!
Place your stuffed wrap on the griddle or straight onto the BBQ grille and toast until nicely striped on one side. Flip the tortilla over and repeat on the other side.
Try to resist biting into it until it has cooled a little!
- If feta and mozarella isn’t your thing, how about trying out some of these amazing alternatives..
- Turn your wrap into a mini pizza with ham, tomato paste, cheddar cheese and herbs
- Halloumi and sweet chilli sauce
- Smoked applewood cheddar and red onion marmelade
- Pulled pork, apple sauce and monterey jack cheese
- Grilled veg and pesto with mozarella
- Wild Garlic Pesto with goats cheese
- Banana and chocolate spread (I never said all the options were healthy!)
- Honey and ricotta
* we were sent the griddle to review – all opinions are my own